Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
400g Jersey Royals
30g unsalted butter
225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
150g cherry tomatoes halved
4 large free-range eggs
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
a small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley,
roughly chopped, to garnish
hot chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Slice the Jersey Royals (don’t bother peeling them
- Heat half the butter in a large, shallow ovenproof casserole over medium–high heat. Gently fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Once it has started to froth, add the Jersey Royals and lots of salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the potato is starting to colour. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Scatter the tomatoes over the Jersey Royals and then return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Make four shallow wells in the potato mixture and crack in the eggs. Return to the oven for 6–8minutes, or until the egg whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
Garnish with parsley and serve with chilli sauce if you like.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey
Jersey Royal BLT Salad
This fabulous take on a much loved classic is a picnic staple this summer! Clodagh McKenna