Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes 300g
3 dried cascabel chillies
1 chipotle chilli
1 pasilla chilli
1 red pepper
6 red chillies
1 scotch bonnet chilli
5 cloves garlic
2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp caraway
Juice 1 lemon
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp oil
A few sprigs of thyme
1kg Jersey Royals
- Make the harissa by soaking 3 dried cascabel, 1 chipotle and 1 pasilla chilli in boiling water for 30 mins.
- Cook the red pepper, 6 red chillies and 1 scotch bonnet over direct heat until black then skin and blend with the dried chillies, garlic cloves, toasted cumin seeds, coriander, caraway, lemon juice, 2 tsp sea salt and 2 tbsp oil.
- Bash up few sprigs of thyme with salt and oil to make a paste and coat 1kg small Jersey Royals.
- Grill for 30 mins over medium embers with lid on, or until soft, turning often and moving to the side if too charred.
- Serve with yoghurt and harissa.
Jersey Royals with Crispy Chorizo and Manchego Cheese by Matt Healy
Aloo Ki Sabzi by Romy Gill
Serves 3: 300g Jersey Royals, cut in circles 3tsp Sunflower oil 1tsp Cumin seeds 75g Shallots,
Nduja Butter Smashed Jersey Royals by Hannah Hall
Ingredients: – 30g Nduja – 45g Butter – 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil – 1
Spring Jersey Royal, Wild Garlic & Ricotta Tart by Clodagh Mckenna
Ingredients: 300g Jersey Royal potatoes 500g block shortcrust pastry 50g asparagus tips, cut into 2cm lengths 40g watercress 40g baby
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-
Salt-Baked Jersey Royals by Will Holland
Serves 4 For the smoked Jersey Royal purée 600g Large Jersey Royals 100ml Smoked oil 50g