Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 green chilli, thinly sliced
3 inch-piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 heaped tsp of madras curry powder
400g tin coconut milk
500g French green beans
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by cooking the Jersey Royal potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, cut in half and set aside.
- Place a casserole dish over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Stir in the garlic, spring onions, green chilli and ginger, allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the madras curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Next stir in the coconut milk, reduce the heat to low, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes stir in the French beans.
- Add the Jersey Royal potatoes to the curry, and stir well so that the potatoes are immersed in the curry. Simmer for 5 minutes, and then stir in the chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice, naan bread and lime wedges.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey
Jersey Royal BLT Salad
This fabulous take on a much loved classic is a picnic staple this summer! Clodagh McKenna