Serves 4-6 Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 30 minutes 500g Jersey Royals, scrubbed
Prep Time 20 minutes plus chilling
Cook Time 20-25 minutes
500g Jersey Royal potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
3 tbsp oil
6 spring onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150g canned green lentils, drained
200g feta cheese crumbled
50g sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
20g parsley, chopped
1tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp polenta
For the slaw:
150g young kale, stems removed and leaves shredded
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 small red onion
10g umami paste
4 burger buns
2 small avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed with 1 tsp lemon juice
2 cooked beetroot, sliced
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the Jersey Royals and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and roughly crush with the back of a spoon.
- Heat 2tsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir into the potato mixture and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, add the lentils, feta, tomatoes, parsley, oregano and some black pepper. Taste before adding more salt as the feta is salty. With wet hands shape the mixture into 4 burgers. Put the polenta on a plate and coat the burgers all over. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- To make the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Chill until required.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes until golden on the outside and hot in the middle. Split the burger buns, fill with the beetroot slices, some avocado, a burger each and serve with the slaw.
You can freeze the burgers at the end of step 3. Layer with greaseproof paper and place in a freezer proof box. Defrost before cooking.
Sesame, Paprika and Seaweed Jersey Royal Skewers (Vegan)
One Pot African Curry
Serve 4 Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 30 minutes For the paste: 1
Easter Rainbow Pie (Vegan)
Serves 8 Prep Time 1 hour Cook Time 1 hour 15 minutes 500g Jersey
Simply Minted Jersey Royals
If you’re on the hunt for a simple yet delicious recipe, look no further than our
Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients Serves 4 1kg Jersey Royals, scrubbed 300g Chantenay or small carrots 30g butter 4 lamb
Roast Jersey Royal, Creamed Potato & Sorrel by Bohemia Head Chef Steve Smith
Ingredients Ingredients (serves 4): 100g Unsalted Butter 4 large Jersey Royals. 1 sprig of thyme 10g