Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
Prep Time 20 minutes plus chilling
Cook Time 20-25 minutes
500g Jersey Royal potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
3 tbsp oil
6 spring onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150g canned green lentils, drained
200g feta cheese crumbled
50g sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
20g parsley, chopped
1tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp polenta
For the slaw:
150g young kale, stems removed and leaves shredded
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 small red onion
10g umami paste
4 burger buns
2 small avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed with 1 tsp lemon juice
2 cooked beetroot, sliced
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the Jersey Royals and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and roughly crush with the back of a spoon.
- Heat 2tsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir into the potato mixture and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, add the lentils, feta, tomatoes, parsley, oregano and some black pepper. Taste before adding more salt as the feta is salty. With wet hands shape the mixture into 4 burgers. Put the polenta on a plate and coat the burgers all over. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- To make the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Chill until required.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes until golden on the outside and hot in the middle. Split the burger buns, fill with the beetroot slices, some avocado, a burger each and serve with the slaw.
You can freeze the burgers at the end of step 3. Layer with greaseproof paper and place in a freezer proof box. Defrost before cooking.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey