Serves 2 for a main course or 4 as a starter 450g Jersey Royal New Potatoes,
This recipe was created by the chef David Crichton, Masterchef Runner-Up 2018.
200g mix of lovage/parsley/tarragon leaves only
300g vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
1 egg yolk
½ tsp mustard
500g Jersey Royals
A few handfuls of flour
100g panko breadcrumbs
500ml oil for frying
1. Begin by making a herb oil. Blanch the herbs for 30 seconds and refresh in iced water. Squeeze the excess out and dry as much as possible. Blend with 200ml of oil until it is all the same colour. Place a piece of kitchen towel in a sieve and place the oil/herb mix in it to drain.
2. Once the oil has fully drained you can make the emulsion. Add the crushed garlic and mustard to the egg yolk. Slowly drizzle in the oil bit by bit while you constantly whisk. Depending on taste you can add more oil, but check seasoning and add a tiny bit of lemon juice to taste.
3. The potatoes are the most important thing. Either cut them in half, and sous vide with a knob of butter for 45mins at 90c, or cover with just enough water, add a good knob of butter and some sea salt. Heat the water until it’s just simmering and cook for a good 30 minutes, turning the potatoes over and letting the liquid reduce.
4. For the candied walnuts, bring the walnuts, sugar and water to boil. Cook for a couple of minutes. Remove and place on non-stick paper. Leave them to cool and go sticky.
5. Once the potatoes are nearly cooked, coat the caperberries in flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Bring the oil to 160c or use a deep fat fryer. Fry the caperberries until golden and the walnuts until they form a clear crust (30 seconds).
6. To plate, arrange the potatoes, walnuts and caperberries, then pipe dollops of the emulsion over. Sprinkle with some leftover herb cuttings.
Smoky fried Jersey Royal New Potatoes with crab mayo and lemon aioli by Thomasina Miers
Jersey Royal New Potato, thyme and cheese puff tart by Thomasina Miers
Serves 4 350g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, very finely sliced on a mandolin, by
Roast Jersey Royal New Potatoes with feta, harissa yogurt and toasted almonds by Thomasina Miers
Serves 6 as a main, 10 as a side: 1 kg Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed
Roast Chicken with Jersey Royals, Wild Garlic, Salsa Verde and Purple Sprouting Broccoli by Salon Brixton
This tasty seasonal recipe was created by the team at Salon Brixton. Serves 4 For the chicken:
Jersey Royals, chorizo and halloumi baked eggs by Timothy Dela Cruz
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm
Jersey Royal New Potato tacos with Lincolnshire Poacher crumbs and green salsa by Thomasina Miers
Serves 4 800g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed 4 tbsp olive oil 2 yellow onion, diced