Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes 300g
(to serve 4)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grain mustard
1 table spoon of chardonnay vinegar
20 large jersey royals cooked
4 fillets of smoked Eel (or smoked Mackerel)
1 table spoonof mayonnaise
1 table spoon of chopped chives
20 nasturtium leaves or flowers
A few pieces of mustard cress
- To make the mustard dressing, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season to taste and pour over the 12 whole Jersey royals. Keep aside 8 Jersey royals and lightly crush these for the potato salad.
- Trim and cut the smoked eel into neat rectangles – you should end up with 12 pieces.
- Chop the eel trimmings and place into a bowl for the potato salad.
- Add the 8 reserved royals, mayo and chives, mix together season to taste (you may also add a little lemon juice.)
- Take four good size plates and arrange the items (including the nasturtium leaves and mustard cress) as per the photo. Use this as a guide.
Jersey Royals with Crispy Chorizo and Manchego Cheese by Matt Healy
BBQ Jersey Royals with Fire Roasted Harissa and Yoghurt by Helen Graves
Ingredients: 3 dried cascabel chillies 1 chipotle chilli 1 pasilla chilli 1 red pepper 6 red
Aloo Ki Sabzi by Romy Gill
Serves 3: 300g Jersey Royals, cut in circles 3tsp Sunflower oil 1tsp Cumin seeds 75g Shallots,
Nduja Butter Smashed Jersey Royals by Hannah Hall
Ingredients: – 30g Nduja – 45g Butter – 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil – 1
Spring Jersey Royal, Wild Garlic & Ricotta Tart by Clodagh Mckenna
Ingredients: 300g Jersey Royal potatoes 500g block shortcrust pastry 50g asparagus tips, cut into 2cm lengths 40g watercress 40g baby
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-