Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-
(to serve 4)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grain mustard
1 table spoon of chardonnay vinegar
20 large jersey royals cooked
4 fillets of smoked Eel (or smoked Mackerel)
1 table spoonof mayonnaise
1 table spoon of chopped chives
20 nasturtium leaves or flowers
A few pieces of mustard cress
- To make the mustard dressing, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season to taste and pour over the 12 whole Jersey royals. Keep aside 8 Jersey royals and lightly crush these for the potato salad.
- Trim and cut the smoked eel into neat rectangles – you should end up with 12 pieces.
- Chop the eel trimmings and place into a bowl for the potato salad.
- Add the 8 reserved royals, mayo and chives, mix together season to taste (you may also add a little lemon juice.)
- Take four good size plates and arrange the items (including the nasturtium leaves and mustard cress) as per the photo. Use this as a guide.
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Salt-Baked Jersey Royals by Will Holland
Serves 4 For the smoked Jersey Royal purée 600g Large Jersey Royals 100ml Smoked oil 50g
Creamy Leek, Salmon & Jersey Royals Traybake by Amy Sheppard
Feeds 4 750g Jersey Royals cut in half Oil for roasting 2 large leeks sliced 4 boneless salmon fillets 200g asparagus (trimmed to
Spicy Sesame Jersey Royals by Asma Khan
Serves 4-6 500g Jersey Royals 1 tsp salt 1 tsp whole sesame seeds 5 whole dried red
Turmeric Roasted Jersey Royals with Lemon & Herb Dip by Shikha Gill
For the Turmeric Roasted Jersey Royals: 450 g Jersey Royal new potatoes, washed and halved 1 tbsp flour 1 tsp turmeric 1
Warm Jersey Royals in a Heavenly Anchovy Sauce by Julius Roberts
Serves 4 400g Jersey Royals A bunch of mint Chives Butter For the anchovy crema: