If you’re on the hunt for a simple yet delicious recipe, look no further than our
(to serve 4)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grain mustard
1 table spoon of chardonnay vinegar
20 large jersey royals cooked
4 fillets of smoked Eel (or smoked Mackerel)
1 table spoonof mayonnaise
1 table spoon of chopped chives
20 nasturtium leaves or flowers
A few pieces of mustard cress
- To make the mustard dressing, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season to taste and pour over the 12 whole Jersey royals. Keep aside 8 Jersey royals and lightly crush these for the potato salad.
- Trim and cut the smoked eel into neat rectangles – you should end up with 12 pieces.
- Chop the eel trimmings and place into a bowl for the potato salad.
- Add the 8 reserved royals, mayo and chives, mix together season to taste (you may also add a little lemon juice.)
- Take four good size plates and arrange the items (including the nasturtium leaves and mustard cress) as per the photo. Use this as a guide.
Simply Minted Jersey Royals
Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients Serves 4 1kg Jersey Royals, scrubbed 300g Chantenay or small carrots 30g butter 4 lamb
Roast Jersey Royal, Creamed Potato & Sorrel by Bohemia Head Chef Steve Smith
Ingredients Ingredients (serves 4): 100g Unsalted Butter 4 large Jersey Royals. 1 sprig of thyme 10g
Warm Jersey Royal and Seaweed Salad
Ingredients 225g Jersey Royal potatoes 1 tbsp rice vinegar 2 eggs 125g shredded, cooked roast duck
Coconut Potato Bowl with Lime and Ginger
Ingredients Serves: 2 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, roughly chopped 150g cauliflower florets 2 tbsp coconut oil,
Persian Crusted Rack of Lamb with Minted Jersey Royals
Ingredients For the crusted lamb: 50g shelled pistachios, chopped ½ tsp cumin seed 4 stems mint