Serves 2 for a main course or 4 as a starter 450g Jersey Royal New Potatoes,
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm in Cebu in the Philippines and Masterchef: The Professionals contestant. Tim is now head chef at Odos restaurant on Barnet High Street.
2 medium white onions, cubed
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
80g chorizo, diced
1tbsp sweet paprika
1tsp chilli flakes
350g pre-boiled and sliced Jersey Royal potatoes
1 can chopped tomatoes
Juice of 1 lime
100g halloumi, diced
Rapeseed oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a medium-sized ovenproof pan, sauté the onions and garlic, then add the chorizo. Once the chorizo has released its natural oils, add the paprika and chilli flakes and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water. Season and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add the lime juice, then the halloumi.
- Make a well and crack in the eggs and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Pop it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with sourdough bread and yoghurt.
Smoky fried Jersey Royal New Potatoes with crab mayo and lemon aioli by Thomasina Miers
Jersey Royal New Potato, thyme and cheese puff tart by Thomasina Miers
Serves 4 350g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, very finely sliced on a mandolin, by
Roast Jersey Royal New Potatoes with feta, harissa yogurt and toasted almonds by Thomasina Miers
Serves 6 as a main, 10 as a side: 1 kg Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed
Jersey Royal, lovage emulsion, walnut and caperberry salad by David Crichton
This recipe was created by the chef David Crichton, Masterchef Runner-Up 2018. Ingredients 200g mix of
Roast Chicken with Jersey Royals, Wild Garlic, Salsa Verde and Purple Sprouting Broccoli by Salon Brixton
This tasty seasonal recipe was created by the team at Salon Brixton. Serves 4 For the chicken:
Jersey Royal New Potato tacos with Lincolnshire Poacher crumbs and green salsa by Thomasina Miers
Serves 4 800g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed 4 tbsp olive oil 2 yellow onion, diced