Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm in Cebu in the Philippines and Masterchef: The Professionals contestant. Tim is now head chef at Odos restaurant on Barnet High Street.
2 medium white onions, cubed
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
80g chorizo, diced
1tbsp sweet paprika
1tsp chilli flakes
350g pre-boiled and sliced Jersey Royal potatoes
1 can chopped tomatoes
Juice of 1 lime
100g halloumi, diced
Rapeseed oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a medium-sized ovenproof pan, sauté the onions and garlic, then add the chorizo. Once the chorizo has released its natural oils, add the paprika and chilli flakes and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water. Season and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add the lime juice, then the halloumi.
- Make a well and crack in the eggs and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Pop it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with sourdough bread and yoghurt.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey