Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller
3 anchovy fillets in oil, from sustainable sources
½ a lemon
250g unsalted butter
1kg Jersey Royal potatoes
a few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- For the anchovy butter, smash the anchovies and a small squeeze of lemon juice together in a pestle and mortar or pulse in a food processor to form a paste.
- Beat in the butter until evenly incorporated, then season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
- Scrape the butter onto a large piece of clingfilm, form it into a rough sausage shape and refrigerate until firm.
- Wash the Jersey Royals under cold running water to remove the earth (be very gentle, as the skins are fragile). Place them in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, then drain and allow to steam dry while you pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Place a knob of anchovy butter (around 20g) on top of the potatoes, place a lid on top and shake well. Scatter over the chopped parsley, to serve.
TIP: Freeze the rest of the anchovy butter for tasty cooking another day.
Nutrition per portion: 211kcal, Fat 3.4g, Saturates 1.8g, Protein 3.8g, Carbs 44.5g, Sugars 2.8g, Fibre 2.8g, Salt 0.2g
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey