The umami flavours of the dressing make these vegetable skewers a hit. If you prefer you
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller
3 anchovy fillets in oil, from sustainable sources
½ a lemon
250g unsalted butter
1kg Jersey Royal potatoes
a few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- For the anchovy butter, smash the anchovies and a small squeeze of lemon juice together in a pestle and mortar or pulse in a food processor to form a paste.
- Beat in the butter until evenly incorporated, then season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
- Scrape the butter onto a large piece of clingfilm, form it into a rough sausage shape and refrigerate until firm.
- Wash the Jersey Royals under cold running water to remove the earth (be very gentle, as the skins are fragile). Place them in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, then drain and allow to steam dry while you pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Place a knob of anchovy butter (around 20g) on top of the potatoes, place a lid on top and shake well. Scatter over the chopped parsley, to serve.
TIP: Freeze the rest of the anchovy butter for tasty cooking another day.
Nutrition per portion: 211kcal, Fat 3.4g, Saturates 1.8g, Protein 3.8g, Carbs 44.5g, Sugars 2.8g, Fibre 2.8g, Salt 0.2g
Jersey Royal and Mushroom Skewers
Rosemary Roasted Jersey Royals by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller SERVES 6 1kg
Roasted Jersey Royals on a Pea & Mint Purée by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller SERVES 6 INGREDIENTS 750g
One-Pan Jersey Royal Hash
This is a great breakfast or brunch dish particularly if you have leftover Jersey Royals. Other
Jersey Royal Easter Salad
A spring salad with lemony tang and spicy sumac which can be served warm or chilled,
Jersey Royals with Crispy Chorizo and Manchego Cheese by Matt Healy
Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes 300g