Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm in Cebu in the Philippines and Masterchef: The Professionals contestant. Tim is now head chef at Odos restaurant on Barnet High Street.
Serves 3-4 people
- Take the salmon out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking, and season just one side of the fish.
- Pan fry on a medium heat for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the fish, making sure it is skin side down for 5 of the 6 minutes.
Roasted Jersey Royal potatoes
400g Jersey Royals (boiled in highly salted water, garlic and thyme)
3 cloves finely chopped garlic
15g finely chopped ginger root
1 shallot finely chopped
1 Thai red chilli finely chopped
1/2 handful coriander chopped
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste (fish sauce will work too)
- After boiling the potatoes, drain and transfer to a hot tray with oil.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven at 180C for 7-10 minutes, just enough for the skin to be a bit crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting in a medium pan, sauté shallots, garlic and ginger until golden brown, then add the chillies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are roasted mix them in the pan with the sauté veg and season again.
- Remove from the heat, add the coriander, and finish with sesame oil.
Wasabi and pea soup
500g frozen peas
3 garlic cloves
1 lemon grass
20g wasabi paste
250ml veg stock
20ml double cream
1/4 bunch chopped parsley
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 juice of lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Rape seed oil for cooking
- In a medium-sized pan, sauté shallots, garlic and lemongrass, then season.
- Add the frozen peas, sauté for about 3 minutes, and season again.
- Add the wasabi and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to boil then after boiling season again with salt and add the cream, butter and parsley.
- Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Using a fine strainer, try to get rid of much of the bits as you can.
- Add the lime juice.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey