Serves 2 for a main course or 4 as a starter 450g Jersey Royal New Potatoes,
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm in Cebu in the Philippines and Masterchef: The Professionals contestant. Tim is now head chef at Odos restaurant on Barnet High Street.
Serves 3-4 people
- Take the salmon out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking, and season just one side of the fish.
- Pan fry on a medium heat for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the fish, making sure it is skin side down for 5 of the 6 minutes.
Roasted Jersey Royal potatoes
400g Jersey Royals (boiled in highly salted water, garlic and thyme)
3 cloves finely chopped garlic
15g finely chopped ginger root
1 shallot finely chopped
1 Thai red chilli finely chopped
1/2 handful coriander chopped
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste (fish sauce will work too)
- After boiling the potatoes, drain and transfer to a hot tray with oil.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven at 180C for 7-10 minutes, just enough for the skin to be a bit crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting in a medium pan, sauté shallots, garlic and ginger until golden brown, then add the chillies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are roasted mix them in the pan with the sauté veg and season again.
- Remove from the heat, add the coriander, and finish with sesame oil.
Wasabi and pea soup
500g frozen peas
3 garlic cloves
1 lemon grass
20g wasabi paste
250ml veg stock
20ml double cream
1/4 bunch chopped parsley
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 juice of lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Rape seed oil for cooking
- In a medium-sized pan, sauté shallots, garlic and lemongrass, then season.
- Add the frozen peas, sauté for about 3 minutes, and season again.
- Add the wasabi and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to boil then after boiling season again with salt and add the cream, butter and parsley.
- Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Using a fine strainer, try to get rid of much of the bits as you can.
- Add the lime juice.
Smoky fried Jersey Royal New Potatoes with crab mayo and lemon aioli by Thomasina Miers
Jersey Royal New Potato, thyme and cheese puff tart by Thomasina Miers
Serves 4 350g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, very finely sliced on a mandolin, by
Roast Jersey Royal New Potatoes with feta, harissa yogurt and toasted almonds by Thomasina Miers
Serves 6 as a main, 10 as a side: 1 kg Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed
Jersey Royal, lovage emulsion, walnut and caperberry salad by David Crichton
This recipe was created by the chef David Crichton, Masterchef Runner-Up 2018. Ingredients 200g mix of
Roast Chicken with Jersey Royals, Wild Garlic, Salsa Verde and Purple Sprouting Broccoli by Salon Brixton
This tasty seasonal recipe was created by the team at Salon Brixton. Serves 4 For the chicken:
Jersey Royals, chorizo and halloumi baked eggs by Timothy Dela Cruz
This recipe was created by Timothy Dela Cruz, former head chef at Jason Atherton’s Pig & Palm