If you’re on the hunt for a simple yet delicious recipe, look no further than our
Ingredients (serves 4):
100g Unsalted Butter
4 large Jersey Royals.
1 sprig of thyme
10g Samphire/Sea Aster
2 cloves garlic lightly crushed
100g Jersey Royals
Salt to taste
25g crème fraiche
Seaweed Cream Sauce
20ml Chardonnay vinegar
50g Crème fraiche
1 tspn chopped
Roast Jersey Royal:
- Heat a pan just big enough to for the potatoes. Add 25g butter then add the potatoes.
- Colour them gently without burning the butter until they are golden brown.
- Add the remaining butter, thyme, kelp and garlic.
- Cook very gently on a low heat for a couple of hours until they are nice and soft. They will have the internal texture of a baked potato.
- In a small pan cover the Jersey royals with water and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until just cooked.
- Remove from the water and while hot push through a potato ricer.
- Place the butter, buttermilk and crème fraiche into a pan and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the potatoes very carefully, just until you have a wet but solid potato puree that holds.
Seaweed Cream Sauce:
- Reduce the cream by a 1/3.
- Add the vinegar, crème fraiche and kelp, season with lemon juice if needed.
Simply Minted Jersey Royals
Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients Serves 4 1kg Jersey Royals, scrubbed 300g Chantenay or small carrots 30g butter 4 lamb
Warm Jersey Royal and Seaweed Salad
Ingredients 225g Jersey Royal potatoes 1 tbsp rice vinegar 2 eggs 125g shredded, cooked roast duck
Coconut Potato Bowl with Lime and Ginger
Ingredients Serves: 2 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, roughly chopped 150g cauliflower florets 2 tbsp coconut oil,
Persian Crusted Rack of Lamb with Minted Jersey Royals
Ingredients For the crusted lamb: 50g shelled pistachios, chopped ½ tsp cumin seed 4 stems mint
Jersey Royal, Smoked Eel, and Nasturtium Salad Recipe By Bohemia Head Chef Steve Smith
Ingredients (to serve 4) 4 tablespoons of olive oil 1 tablespoon of grain mustard 1 table