Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
Ingredients (serves 4):
100g Unsalted Butter
4 large Jersey Royals.
1 sprig of thyme
10g Samphire/Sea Aster
2 cloves garlic lightly crushed
100g Jersey Royals
Salt to taste
25g crème fraiche
Seaweed Cream Sauce
20ml Chardonnay vinegar
50g Crème fraiche
1 tspn chopped
Roast Jersey Royal:
- Heat a pan just big enough to for the potatoes. Add 25g butter then add the potatoes.
- Colour them gently without burning the butter until they are golden brown.
- Add the remaining butter, thyme, kelp and garlic.
- Cook very gently on a low heat for a couple of hours until they are nice and soft. They will have the internal texture of a baked potato.
- In a small pan cover the Jersey royals with water and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until just cooked.
- Remove from the water and while hot push through a potato ricer.
- Place the butter, buttermilk and crème fraiche into a pan and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the potatoes very carefully, just until you have a wet but solid potato puree that holds.
Seaweed Cream Sauce:
- Reduce the cream by a 1/3.
- Add the vinegar, crème fraiche and kelp, season with lemon juice if needed.
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey