Spring Minestrone Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 medium
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller
750g Jersey Royal potatoes
1 bulb of garlic
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
extra virgin olive oil
PEA & MINT PURÉE
750g frozen peas
2 sprigs of fresh mint
25g unsalted butter (optional)
QUICK RADISH PICKLE
red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 bunch of radishes
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.
- Wash the Jersey Royals under cold running water to remove the earth (be very gentle, as the skins are fragile). Place them in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, then drain and allow to steam dry.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large roasting tray, squash the garlic bulb, then lightly crush each unpeeled clove and add to the tray. Pick over the rosemary leaves, season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast for around 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the peas, pick in most of the mint leaves (saving a few small pretty leaves for later). Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the peas are tender.
- For the pickle, mix 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar with the sugar in a bowl. Trim, finely slice and add the radishes, along with a pinch of salt, then toss together well. Leave to pickle for at least 10 minutes.
- When the time’s up on the peas, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter, if using, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a stick blender or food processor to whiz the mixture into a smooth purée (or if you like it more textured, use a fork or a potato masher).
- To serve, spread the purée onto a serving dish, scatter over the roasted potatoes, topped with the radish pickle. Garnish with the reserved mint leaves and a little extra virgin olive oil, to finish.
Nutrition per portion: 297kcal, Fat 12.7g, Saturates 3.6g, Protein 11.0g, Carbs 37.2g, Sugars 4.6g, Fibre 7.5g, Salt 0.7g
Spring Minestrone with Jersey Royals
Crispy Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce
Crispy Oregano Jersey Royals with creamy feta sauce Serves 4 Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals, halved or
Jersey Royal coconut curry with greens
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, washed 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 garlic cloves,
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette
Jersey Royal Spring Tartiflette Serves 8 Ingredients: 1 k Cooked Jersey Royals New Potatoes , cooled
Baked eggs with Jersey Royals and tomatoes
Ingredients: 400g Jersey Royals 30g unsalted butter 225g chestnut mushrooms, quartered 150g cherry tomatoes halved 4
Jersey Royals with Spiced Potted Shrimp Butter
Jersey Royal New Potatoes with whipped spiced potted shrimp butter Serves 4 Ingredients: 800g Jersey