What better way to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee than with a Royal potato! Our suggested toppings
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller
1kg Jersey Royal potatoes
1 bulb of garlic
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.
- Wash the Jersey Royals under cold running water to remove the earth (be very gentle, as the skins are fragile). Place them in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, then drain and allow to steam dry.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large roasting tray, gently half-squash each potato with a fish slice or masher so they kind of push into each other.
- Squash the garlic bulb, then lightly crush each unpeeled clove and add to the tray.
- Pick over the rosemary leaves, season with sea salt and black pepper, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast for around 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp, golden and cooked through.
Nutrition per portion: 133kcal, Fat 2.3g, Saturates 0.5g, Protein 2.7g, Carbs 27.0g, Sugars 1.7g, Fibre g, Salt 0.4g
Jersey Royal Jubilee Canapes
Jersey Royal and Mushroom Skewers
The umami flavours of the dressing make these vegetable skewers a hit. If you prefer you
Roasted Jersey Royals on a Pea & Mint Purée by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller SERVES 6 INGREDIENTS 750g
Jersey Royals with Anchovy Butter by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller Serves 6 Ingredients: 3 anchovy
One-Pan Jersey Royal Hash
This is a great breakfast or brunch dish particularly if you have leftover Jersey Royals. Other
Jersey Royal Easter Salad
A spring salad with lemony tang and spicy sumac which can be served warm or chilled,