Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes 300g
300g Jersey Royal potatoes
500g block shortcrust pastry
50g asparagus tips, cut into 2cm lengths
40g baby spinach
1 sprig of mint, leaves picked
Handful wild garlic
Zest of 1 lemon
3 medium eggs + 1 yolk
200g ricotta, drained
80ml double cream
50g parmesan, finely grated
Grating of fresh nutmeg
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 6
2. Cook the Jersey Royals in a large pan of boiling, salted water & simmer for around 10 mins until tender. Set aside to drain while preparing the tart case.
3. Roll the pastry out roughly 4mm thick and line a buttered, 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin, pressing it well into the edges and trim any overhanging pastry with a knife. Place in the fridge for 15 mins.
4. Prick the bottom of the tart all over with a fork, line with baking paper & fill with baking beans. Bake for 12-15 mins until the pastry is a light gold. Then carefully remove the baking beans and parchment & return the tart to the oven for a further 8 mins or until golden & crisp.
5. Using a pastry brush, brush the 1 egg yolk all over the inside of the tart & return to the oven for 1-2 mins until the egg wash has just set. This will help stop the tart from leaking.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 180c/160c fan/Gas Mark 4.
7. Place the eggs, double cream, wild garlic, spinach, mint leaves & watercress in a food processor and blitz to a green puree. Pour into a large bowl & whisk through the ricotta, lemon zest & parmesan. Season liberally with sea salt & black pepper & a good grating of fresh nutmeg.
8. Pour the green egg mixture into the tart case until three quarters full. Cut the Jersey Royals in half & dot them & the asparagus on top of the tart, pressing down gently so they sink slightly into the egg mix. Bake for 25-30 mins or until set. Leave to stand for 10 mins before carefully removing from the tin, placing on a wire rack & leaving to cool a little before serving.
Jersey Royals with Crispy Chorizo and Manchego Cheese by Matt Healy
BBQ Jersey Royals with Fire Roasted Harissa and Yoghurt by Helen Graves
Ingredients: 3 dried cascabel chillies 1 chipotle chilli 1 pasilla chilli 1 red pepper 6 red
Aloo Ki Sabzi by Romy Gill
Serves 3: 300g Jersey Royals, cut in circles 3tsp Sunflower oil 1tsp Cumin seeds 75g Shallots,
Nduja Butter Smashed Jersey Royals by Hannah Hall
Ingredients: – 30g Nduja – 45g Butter – 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil – 1
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-
Salt-Baked Jersey Royals by Will Holland
Serves 4 For the smoked Jersey Royal purée 600g Large Jersey Royals 100ml Smoked oil 50g