The umami flavours of the dressing make these vegetable skewers a hit. If you prefer you
225g Jersey Royal potatoes
1 tbsp rice vinegar
125g shredded, cooked roast duck or chicken meat
1 pak choi, cut in strips
1 large carrot, cut in julienne strips
1 red chilli, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
For the seaweed salad;
15g dried mixed seaweed (see tip)
2 tsp white miso
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the Jersey Royal potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and when cool enough to handle dice and drizzle over the rice vinegar.
- To make the seaweed salad; rehydrate the seaweed according to the pack instructions or by soaking in cold water for around 10 minutes, then drain. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds and pour half of it over the seaweed, stirring to mix. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil for the eggs. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk centre, leave for longer if you prefer a firmer texture. Remove to cold water until cool enough to handle then peel and halve.
- Gently warm the duck or chicken meat in the microwave or in a pan with a little water.
- To serve combine the potatoes, carrot and pak choi on a serving plate. Top with the duck and a large spoonful of seaweed salad. Add the egg and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Scatter some chilli and serve.
Jersey Royal and Mushroom Skewers
Rosemary Roasted Jersey Royals by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller SERVES 6 1kg
Roasted Jersey Royals on a Pea & Mint Purée by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller SERVES 6 INGREDIENTS 750g
Jersey Royals with Anchovy Butter by Jamie Oliver
Photography credit: ©2022 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Ltd. Photography; Ella Miller Serves 6 Ingredients: 3 anchovy
One-Pan Jersey Royal Hash
This is a great breakfast or brunch dish particularly if you have leftover Jersey Royals. Other
Jersey Royal Easter Salad
A spring salad with lemony tang and spicy sumac which can be served warm or chilled,