Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-
225g Jersey Royal potatoes
1 tbsp rice vinegar
125g shredded, cooked roast duck or chicken meat
1 pak choi, cut in strips
1 large carrot, cut in julienne strips
1 red chilli, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
For the seaweed salad;
15g dried mixed seaweed (see tip)
2 tsp white miso
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the Jersey Royal potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and when cool enough to handle dice and drizzle over the rice vinegar.
- To make the seaweed salad; rehydrate the seaweed according to the pack instructions or by soaking in cold water for around 10 minutes, then drain. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds and pour half of it over the seaweed, stirring to mix. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil for the eggs. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk centre, leave for longer if you prefer a firmer texture. Remove to cold water until cool enough to handle then peel and halve.
- Gently warm the duck or chicken meat in the microwave or in a pan with a little water.
- To serve combine the potatoes, carrot and pak choi on a serving plate. Top with the duck and a large spoonful of seaweed salad. Add the egg and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Scatter some chilli and serve.
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Salt-Baked Jersey Royals by Will Holland
Serves 4 For the smoked Jersey Royal purée 600g Large Jersey Royals 100ml Smoked oil 50g
Creamy Leek, Salmon & Jersey Royals Traybake by Amy Sheppard
Feeds 4 750g Jersey Royals cut in half Oil for roasting 2 large leeks sliced 4 boneless salmon fillets 200g asparagus (trimmed to
Spicy Sesame Jersey Royals by Asma Khan
Serves 4-6 500g Jersey Royals 1 tsp salt 1 tsp whole sesame seeds 5 whole dried red
Turmeric Roasted Jersey Royals with Lemon & Herb Dip by Shikha Gill
For the Turmeric Roasted Jersey Royals: 450 g Jersey Royal new potatoes, washed and halved 1 tbsp flour 1 tsp turmeric 1
Warm Jersey Royals in a Heavenly Anchovy Sauce by Julius Roberts
Serves 4 400g Jersey Royals A bunch of mint Chives Butter For the anchovy crema: