Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royal potatoes 300g
225g Jersey Royal potatoes
1 tbsp rice vinegar
125g shredded, cooked roast duck or chicken meat
1 pak choi, cut in strips
1 large carrot, cut in julienne strips
1 red chilli, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
For the seaweed salad;
15g dried mixed seaweed (see tip)
2 tsp white miso
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the Jersey Royal potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and when cool enough to handle dice and drizzle over the rice vinegar.
- To make the seaweed salad; rehydrate the seaweed according to the pack instructions or by soaking in cold water for around 10 minutes, then drain. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds and pour half of it over the seaweed, stirring to mix. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil for the eggs. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk centre, leave for longer if you prefer a firmer texture. Remove to cold water until cool enough to handle then peel and halve.
- Gently warm the duck or chicken meat in the microwave or in a pan with a little water.
- To serve combine the potatoes, carrot and pak choi on a serving plate. Top with the duck and a large spoonful of seaweed salad. Add the egg and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Scatter some chilli and serve.
Jersey Royals with Crispy Chorizo and Manchego Cheese by Matt Healy
BBQ Jersey Royals with Fire Roasted Harissa and Yoghurt by Helen Graves
Ingredients: 3 dried cascabel chillies 1 chipotle chilli 1 pasilla chilli 1 red pepper 6 red
Aloo Ki Sabzi by Romy Gill
Serves 3: 300g Jersey Royals, cut in circles 3tsp Sunflower oil 1tsp Cumin seeds 75g Shallots,
Nduja Butter Smashed Jersey Royals by Hannah Hall
Ingredients: – 30g Nduja – 45g Butter – 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil – 1
Spring Jersey Royal, Wild Garlic & Ricotta Tart by Clodagh Mckenna
Ingredients: 300g Jersey Royal potatoes 500g block shortcrust pastry 50g asparagus tips, cut into 2cm lengths 40g watercress 40g baby
Wild Garlic Butter, Minted Jersey Royals, Melted Raclette Cheese, Gherkins and Charred Sugar Snap Peas by Anna Barnett
Feeds 4 Preparation time -10 minutes Cooking time – 15-20 minutes Ingredients: 500g Jersey Royals-