If you’re on the hunt for a simple yet delicious recipe, look no further than our
225g Jersey Royal potatoes
1 tbsp rice vinegar
125g shredded, cooked roast duck or chicken meat
1 pak choi, cut in strips
1 large carrot, cut in julienne strips
1 red chilli, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like it hot)
For the seaweed salad;
15g dried mixed seaweed (see tip)
2 tsp white miso
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the Jersey Royal potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and when cool enough to handle dice and drizzle over the rice vinegar.
- To make the seaweed salad; rehydrate the seaweed according to the pack instructions or by soaking in cold water for around 10 minutes, then drain. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds and pour half of it over the seaweed, stirring to mix. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil for the eggs. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 6 minutes for a soft yolk centre, leave for longer if you prefer a firmer texture. Remove to cold water until cool enough to handle then peel and halve.
- Gently warm the duck or chicken meat in the microwave or in a pan with a little water.
- To serve combine the potatoes, carrot and pak choi on a serving plate. Top with the duck and a large spoonful of seaweed salad. Add the egg and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Scatter some chilli and serve.
Simply Minted Jersey Royals
Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Ingredients Serves 4 1kg Jersey Royals, scrubbed 300g Chantenay or small carrots 30g butter 4 lamb
Roast Jersey Royal, Creamed Potato & Sorrel by Bohemia Head Chef Steve Smith
Ingredients Ingredients (serves 4): 100g Unsalted Butter 4 large Jersey Royals. 1 sprig of thyme 10g
Coconut Potato Bowl with Lime and Ginger
Ingredients Serves: 2 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, roughly chopped 150g cauliflower florets 2 tbsp coconut oil,
Persian Crusted Rack of Lamb with Minted Jersey Royals
Ingredients For the crusted lamb: 50g shelled pistachios, chopped ½ tsp cumin seed 4 stems mint
Jersey Royal, Smoked Eel, and Nasturtium Salad Recipe By Bohemia Head Chef Steve Smith
Ingredients (to serve 4) 4 tablespoons of olive oil 1 tablespoon of grain mustard 1 table